[squeak-dev] Release candidate Squeak4.4-12319 Test Results Cog OSX

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Thu Dec 20 02:55:37 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Bob Arning <arning315 at comcast.net> wrote:

> 4.4 MCSnapshotResource mockPackageName ==> 'MonticelloMocks'
>
> 4.3 MCSnapshotResource mockPackageName ==> #'Tests-Monticello-Mocks'
>
> which seems to be due to
>
> 'From Squeak4.4 of 18 December 2012 [latest update: #12305] on 19 December
> 2012 at 9:43:45 pm'!
>
> !MCMockPackageInfo methodsFor: 'as yet unclassified' stamp: 'cwp 8/1/2003
> 20:31'!
> packageName
>     ^ 'MonticelloMocks'! !
>

> No such method exists in 4.3, so some code pieces the package name
> together.

Yeah. This goes back to some changes made to PackageInfo last year.
PackageInfo subclasses are no longer detected in by PackageInfo
class>>named:, they have to be explicitly registered. If I execute
"MCMockPackageInfo initialize" all the errors go away, and I get only 3
failures:

LocaleTest>>#testLocaleChanged
SocketTest>>#testSocketReuse
SocketTest>>#testUDP