[squeak-dev] RISC OS Pi in the workshop

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Dec 20 13:37:41 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 10:29:06PM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 19-12-2012, at 11:57 AM, Chris Cunnington <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > http://osrcon.ca/pie.jpeg
> >
> > First pic of the first boot of the RISC OS Pi in Tim's workshop.
>
> And it's even running Squeak now, albeit only v3.8; something I changed for 3.9 in the vm makes it go very funny? even though that used to work just fine on Ye Olde Iyonix. I expect it will be something stupidly silly when I find it.

Hi Tim,

Just guessing, but have a look at CCodeGenerator>>emitDefaultMacrosOn:
and the resulting macros in src/vm/interp.c. There are some macros that
I added in a attempt to keep some back compatibility with platforms sources
as new things were added in the interpreter. Some of these macros turned
out to be a Really Bad Idea, in particular I recall the macros for clock
functions made it look like the VM compiled without problems, but the
resulting VM did not work properly.

Dave