[squeak-dev] Squeaksource, Squeak and Pharo..

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Dec 21 01:38:52 UTC 2012

On 20-12-2012, at 2:20 PM, Göran Krampe <goran at krampe.se> wrote:

> 1. My two daughters and two boats (wanna buy one?). :)

Not sure you should be offering daughters for public sale….

And on boats, I have a valuable parable for you. An acquaintance noticed his friends getting infected with the dreaded 'just two more foot' disease; buy a boat, start hankering for one just two foot longer. Repeat. He decided to skip all that and found a retired Royal Navy Corvette for just a few hundred thousand $ - less than a lot of people end up spending on boats. He got an ocean-going military vessel (minus barrel for the gun-turret) ad had much fun. Including supposedly finding a replacement barrel and a Phalanx gun. You might note that US aircraft carriers will soon be on sale since they are now obsolete with the introduction of short-range ballistic anti-shipping missiles that require them to stand offshore by enough that the range of shipboard aircraft is severely compromised. How about basing your latest enterprise on the Enterprise?

tim
Giraffiti (n): Vandalism spray-painted very, very high