[squeak-dev] SqueakMap is supported

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 02:54:49 UTC 2012

I just want to state for the larger Squeak community, **SqueakMap is
supported** and it will continue to document the current locations of
projects now and into the future.  I can say this with confidence
because this does not require the participation of the original
authors, anyone can document any project.  *I*, myself, intend to
document my own projects as well as ones written by others which I
find interesting enough to want to capture how to load them at some
point in the future for myself.

Since it is just a database of Smalltalk code snippets (in some cases,
a SAR file) SqueakMap will remain generically useful all while
SCM-tool-wars rage for decades.  It does not compete in that arena.  I
know there are several other folks in the community besides myself who
also understand SqueakMap's place and purpose in the Squeak ecosystem
and they, too, will document projects in SqueakMap.

So, bottom line -- at least *some* projects will always be documented
in SqueakMap and, to the extent the guidelines[1] established last
year are followed by the documenter, they will always work.

[1] - http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6182