[squeak-dev] Remove XML-Parser with Universes? (aka why Xtreams is missing a WikiGenerator class)

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 02:36:50 UTC 2012

VisualWorks seems very fond of XML. And it seems more useful over there:

XML.Element tag: 'span' elements: (Array with: (XML.Text text: 'Hello
World'))

That's a pretty useful to my mind. And it's the absence of this package
that prevents the Xtreams-Parsing-Tests package from having a
WikiGenerator class. Such a class would make Xtreams-Parsing
comprehensible.
Which it isn't.
Which is why I'm looking at VW.

It was intriguing for sixty seconds to think XML-Parser in Squeak could
be used to make a WikiGenerator class.
Which it can't.
Upon inspection, it looks closely tied to the purposes of the Universes
packages. And as such, I think it might ought to go when Universes does.

saviour := 'Christ'.
Merry , Character space,  saviour , mas.
saviour copyUpTo: $t