[squeak-dev] Smalltalk for small projects only?

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Wed Feb 1 07:48:03 UTC 2012

On 02/01/2012 06:17 AM, Colin Putney wrote:
> 2012/1/31 Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com
> <mailto:eliot.miranda at gmail.com>>
>
>     A good challenge would be to reimplement ANT (a Java application) in
>     Squeak/Pharo.  That would force us to address real weaknesses.
>

> I can vouch for this. I wrote Filesystem because trying to write Mason
> using FileDirectory was too painful.

AFAIK this has already been done by Keith Hodges (for Squeak building -
not general building) in multiple layers (Bob the Builder, Sake etc):

http://www.squeaksource.com/Bob.html
http://www.squeaksource.com/Packages.html
http://www.squeaksource.com/Sake.html

...but perhaps you meant for "generic software building".

regards, Göran