[squeak-dev] Are Objects really hard?

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 22:04:19 UTC 2012

"Perhaps your passion is keeping you from understanding what others say."

Hard to argue with that. I'm definitely in a fit of pique at the moment.

"I support the concept of a small, basic image *providing*
there is a simple way for newcomers to add to the available extras."

Both of those things are key.

I will reiterate that I think the powerful origin legacy of Squeak is becoming
something that doesn't represent where the community would like to go. There
is an inertia that is holding Squeak from changing and I posit that we need
to break from the past. Without actually losing it, I guess.

Being on the Board can be maddening. Has anybody noticed that it has a high
attrition rate? You go in with the best of intentions and things seem so...
static.

Chris