[squeak-dev] Re: Fork Proposal: Cuis & Killer Apps.

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 09:16:40 UTC 2012

On 2/18/12 5:08 PM, "Craig Latta" <craig at netjam.org> wrote:

> Hi--
>
>      Lawson writes:
>
>> For those who haven't tried it, Juan's Cuis 3.3 image is only 6.5 MB.
>> It would be interesting to see if Craig can use Spoon to make it even
>> more lean.
>
>      No doubt. We could run it through Spoon's "dissolve" feature. It
> uses an alternate version of the garbage collector to treat as garbage
> methods which haven't been run since a chosen point in time. It's the
> most effective way of stripping a system, and it happens in an instant.
>

> -C
>
> --
> Craig Latta
> www.netjam.org/resume
> +31   6 2757 7177
> + 1 415  287 3547

Cuis have a reduced version of 2 mb

I have a CuisWiki with Kom + Hv + my Wiki own version which behaves like
real Squeak swiki.

It's 5 mb and can see running today at
http://201.212.74.182:8086

User: 'visita'
pass: must be blank

Presents encrypted, via HVCaptcha could see Spanish assorted notes.

I hope some day we could build some like this (better) with Spoon
I want a .image which could do Morphic and also could do web.
I want to take Squeak or Pharo and with some Spoon magic tell what to do for
build some arbitrary thing.

Cheers

Edgar