[squeak-dev] Re: Are Objects really hard?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Feb 27 11:37:11 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

Just to conclude this topic: there is a nice talk between Dave Thomas
(of OTI fame where IBM VisualAge Smalltalk and nowadays VA Smalltalk
came out), James Robertson and David Buck in recent Independent
Misinterpretations:

   IM 67: Have Objects Failed Us?
   http://www.jarober.com/blog/blogView?entry=3507708198

What I like is a discussion about OO vs. relational world and ORM in the
second half, which is also by my opinion the reason why OO didn't
succeed more as it did, and why is considered hard for most of
developers until our days.

Best regards
Janko

--