[squeak-dev] squeakmap.org

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 01:53:39 UTC 2012

Woo hoo, congratulations Chris!  It's great to see the birth of Green
Neon which will hopefully replace the legacy SqueakMap server -- which
is positively the worst part of SqueakMap.

I think preserving the core of the existing model was a great idea.
The thought to start with an empty model might seem alluring because
we wouldn't have the "old cruft" -- But we know it wouldn't be long
before the bit-rot would set in unless the system and procedures
around it are designed to avoid that.

I think there are parts of the SM model that we could/should
eliminate, however, as a means of simplification.  Like the
"published" flag, for example..

Anyway, thanks again,
  Chris