[squeak-dev] setting VM Parameter?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 01:35:09 UTC 2012

Hi Yoshiki,

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima <yoshiki at vpri.org> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  On the latest Cog VM and my image (not so latest), I don't seem to
> be able to get and set some vm parameters.  Specifically, the ones
> marked as "read-write" in the method comment give me "nil" when
> queried, and some strange value when try to set.  Is this a known
> issue?  And/or, Is there an image side change I should have?

Which indices exactly?  The comment might be wrong.  The Cog and Stack VMs
have a modified garbage collector in which certain parameters no longer
make sense and are answered as nil.  I need to know which indices to
distinguish between intended behaviour and a bug (and the comment might
merely be wrong).  Also which VM exactly?  i.e. what do you get for (1006
to: 1009) collect: [:i| Smalltalk getSystemAttribute: i]?

--
best,
Eliot