[squeak-dev] Host Window Support

John McKeon p3anoman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:55:41 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>wrote:

> On 06.01.2012, at 15:10, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> closed, but painting with the mouse doesn't work. Didn't try if it survives
> image closing/reopening.
> >>
> >> One thing to try is open a process browser and see if the process goes
> away after closing the window. That would mean that at least the event
> handling works.
> >
> > It does go away.
>
> Good!
>

> >> Displaying might work differently on Windows - is it possible it
> requires an external bitmap? I know Andreas is a freak for efficiency when
> it comes to rendering ;)
>
> It seems to me it should work - I'm looking at ioShowDisplayOnWindow() in
> http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/platforms/win32/plugins/HostWindowPlugin/sqWin32HostWindowPlugin.c?rev=2173&view=raw
> and it uses SetDIBitsToDevice() to draw ...
>
> Do the old test methods on the instance side work better?

I thought I would help out and test it on Windows.
For some reason the mouse events from the HostWindow never reflect the
button press. evt at: 5 always returns 0.
One other thing I noticed is the main Squeak window title changes to "Paint
Test" and the host window title is "Squeak!".
Tested on Win7 and XP with the cog vm v2522 13 Dec 2011

John