[squeak-dev] Host Window Support

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Jan 6 16:13:30 UTC 2012

On 06.01.2012, at 16:55, John McKeon wrote:

> I thought I would help out and test it on Windows.
> For some reason the mouse events from the HostWindow never reflect the button press. evt at: 5 always returns 0.

That's strange. HostWindowPlugin uses the same code to record mouse events as the regular window ...

> One other thing I noticed is the main Squeak window title changes to "Paint Test" and the host window title is "Squeak!".
> Tested on Win7 and XP with the cog vm v2522 13 Dec 2011

Hehe. Okay, that one is obviously a bug in the VM. It should really use SetWindowTextW(hwnd, ...:

sqInt ioSetTitleOfWindow(sqInt windowIndex, char * newTitle, sqInt sizeOfTitle) {
  HWND hwnd = (windowIndex == 1 ? stWindow : ((HWND)windowIndex));
  char titleString[1024];
  WCHAR wideTitle[1024];

  if(!IsWindow(hwnd)) return 0;
  if (sizeOfTitle > 1023) sizeOfTitle = 1023;
  strncpy(titleString, newTitle, sizeOfTitle);
  titleString[sizeOfTitle] = 0;
  MultiByteToWideChar(CP_UTF8, 0, titleString, -1, wideTitle, 1024);
  if(SetWindowTextW(stWindow, wideTitle) == 0) return -1;
  return sizeOfTitle;
}

- Bert -