[squeak-dev] S8 Release Candidate in New York

Leo De Marco leo at smalltalking.net
Fri Jan 13 14:53:40 UTC 2012

Hi Dennis,

>How is it compared to Amber (http://amber.st/)?

We do not have comparative datasheet with Ambar nor other similar  approach
to run smalltalk on top of javascript; and we have no plans  to invest
resources writing comparatives.
We can say that S8 project (it is a project part of a research  of more than
ten years about modern formulation of Smalltalk)  has same origins of source
code as Ambar, but the reason  and directions of development can be
diferent; we dont know the  guides and directions of Ambar, we have not
spend time reading  the web site nor talking with authors about their
motivations  and ideas about the persistence of the product in the future.
Smalltalking will support S8 development as part of research and
development platform of Smalltalk based Object Ambiences  with the same
compromise as it has been with all alternatives  of software development
based in Smalltalk +10 years before.
S8 is media for exploring and learning about Object Technology  as most of
the sources hosted by http://www.smalltalking,net

Best Regards,
Leo De Marco

http://www.nycsmalltalk.org/2012/01/10/s8-release-candidate-smalltalk-on-js/

--
Dennis Schetinin

End of Squeak-dev Digest, Vol 109, Issue 15