Saga of trying to integrate IDE with OpenGL continuesRe: [Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Re:NativeBoost and NBOpenGL on Mac?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 14:22:03 UTC 2012

On 14 January 2012 07:12, Lawson English <lenglish5 at cox.net> wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5GHRaIwCS4
>
> nowhere near where it could be. With NBOpenGL and GLDisplay, things would be
> much snappier and easier. Of course, at this point, we need to start
> discussing how to integrate OpenGL errors into the squeak debugging system
> so that the IDE remains stable...

well, one of the ideas is to use fallback display in case of openGL error(s).
And render not to GL context but to bitmap. Then you can actually use
debugger to debug GL calls step by step
without interfering with GL stack/state.
Another approach would be to create a separate GL context and use it
for debugger. But then you need to keep an eye
for switching active contexts at right moment.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.