[Pharo-project] Fwd: [squeak-dev] ANN: OpenGL + NativeBoost + Mac ==> success

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Mon Jan 23 17:03:18 UTC 2012

On 1/22/12 4:27 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 22 January 2012 15:13, Stéphane Ducasse<stephane.ducasse at inria.fr>  wrote:
>> On Jan 22, 2012, at 1:29 PM, Lawson English wrote:
>>

>>> 2) large windows tended to leave a lot of artifacts behind during movement (the video shows this towards the end).
> there is two "modes" to blit on Morphic display - one is just copy
> directly to Display, and another is to separate form and then draw
> that form as usual.
> so, these artefact is not related to OpenGL per se, but mainly to how
> you make rendered results appear integrated in morphic.

Is there a way to directly draw to the system window using OpenGL so
that intermediate software blitting is eliminated?

The integration of 3D and 2D on the squeak desktop (World morph) would
be much easier and faster if there weren't so many layers of copying
being done, as is the case with my demo video.

If there IS a way, can you create a demo of it,, or explain to me how to
create a demo of it?

Thanks,
Lawson