[squeak-dev] Re: [Smalltalk for small projects only?

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Sun Jan 29 19:13:46 UTC 2012

Steve,

I have two comments:

  1. "inventing the future" doesn't happen by considering
     how "ambitious" it may seem. In the end it is probably
     easier than you think and harder than I think. If it was
     real easy, I'd have been done by now:)

  2. I propose a race:

     You start working on your git backend for Smalltalk and
     I'll continue working on Metacello, first one to "git work
     flow" wins ... But then the real winners will be the Smalltalk
     Community...

     I have said this before: "I can hardly wait until someone
     invents the replacement for Metacello---it will give me
     more time for other projects:)"

Dale