[squeak-dev] Re: A plea for OSProcess on MS Windows

John McKeon p3anoman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 19:44:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Shaun Johnson
<shaun at slugfest.demon.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> The windows constants defined in the latest FFI-Win32 package have
>> embedded underscores so you have to go to Tools/Preferences, select
>> Compiler and check : Allow underscores in selectors. After doing that in a
>> fresh 4.3 image it appears to load without incident.
>>

> Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow. For now I am happy with Herbert's
> solution.
>
> Shouldn't there be a way for a package to specify such preferences
> just for itself?

I thought the same thing but it took me a few minutes to find the "scripts"
button in the Monticello browser :)

Just for future reference: Select a package in Monticello, click the
scripts button and edit the preamble ( or other script as needed).

  I add the preamble script to set the preference, tested it in a clean
image and uploaded the new version to the INBOX.