Softlayer spamming? Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board meeting - 7/16/12

Tom Rushworth tom.b.rushworth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 15:35:55 UTC 2012

On 12/07/17 06:33, Chris Cunnington wrote:
> Board members present: Colin Putney, Craig Latta, Chris Muller, Levente
> Uzonyi, Chris Cunnington, and, special guest Ken Causey

[snip]
> - Squeak is accepting the offer from Softlayer [1]. It is also looking
> at an offer related to the Software Freedom Conservancy at Gandi. [2]
[snip]

I just got spam that purports to be from Softlayer with the subject:
   "FREE RAM, HDD, and Bandwidth for a limited time only."

If others get it too, I would suggest that we not support a company that
uses spam as a marketing technique.  Here are some of the original
headers, the rest are available if anyone wants them:

|Subject: FREE RAM, HDD, and Bandwidth for a limited time only.
|Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 04:28:03 -0500
|To: tbr at acm.org
|From: "SoftLayer" <infoemail at softlayer.com>