Softlayer spamming? Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board meeting - 7/16/12

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 16:38:14 UTC 2012

" If they ARE guilty of spamming however, I suggest that nuking them
from orbit would not be too harsh a response :)."

Yea gotta love a guy who quotes "Aliens". I'm more than happy with your
desire to punish them for their transgressions, as long as you identify
the server they are going to give us for free, and leave it running.

Burke: 'Hold on a second. This installation has a substantial dollar
value attached to it.'

Ripley: 'They can bill me.'

To take your argument to its ultimate, you're asking Squeak, the SOB,
and me to be the conscience of the Internet. OK, fine. Let's say that we
have to be the conscience of the Internet. Well... what happens to the
children?

We are part of the Etoys project, which is involved with the education
of a million little boys and girls around the world. Aren't they worth
the mild inconvenience of a spam message or two?

Please, Tom... won't you think of the children?

Chris