[squeak-dev] Installing Filetree

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:35:19 UTC 2012

The original test case

1) Create a package  'HHTestingFileTree'
2) add a class 'MyHHclass'
3) add a class method
4) Add in the MonticelloBrowser a filetree directory
5) Click 'Save' in the MonticelloBrowser

FAILS

variable  'contents' is empty in an object of the class
MCFileTreeStCypressReader

--Hannes

On 7/19/12, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK I have to pick the right file. I just picked the latest without
> actually reading the file name properly.
>
> I have to take
> MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43-dkh.70.mcz
>
> and NOT
> MonticelloFileTree-Core.pharo20-dkh.78.mcz
>
> HJH
>
> On 7/19/12, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Regarding point 2 of the previous mail.
>>
>> I realize that instead of
>>
>> Installer ss3
>>         project: 'FileTree';
>>         install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.
>>
>> I have to go to
>> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/FileTree/
>> and pick out a file name and then do e.g.
>>
>> Installer ss3
>>         project: 'FileTree';
>>         install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.pharo20-dkh.78.mcz'.
>>

>> Then it files in file. However there is still a problem. See next mail.
>>
>> --HJH

>>> Dale
>>>
>>> I redid the test case
>>>

>>> Prerequisite:
>>>
>>> A pristine copy of [3] using the latest Cog machine on Windows
>>> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2559/cogwin.zip (I assume
>>> the Cog version has no influence, this is just for the record)
>>>
>>> The image version is Squeak 4.3 #11860
>>>
>>> Steps
>>> 1) Open a workspace
>>> 2) Paste in the code from the email from Bert who reports it has worked
>>> for