[squeak-dev] Installing Filetree

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 20:10:22 UTC 2012

On 7/19/12, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> On 19.07.2012, at 11:30, H. Hirzel wrote:

>> OK, I now did this.
>>
>> As step 0 I did the Windows installation of git following this link
>>
>> http://windows.github.com/
>>
>> In the installation instruction
>>
>> https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/master/doc/SqueakInstall.md
>> you have three parts
>>
>> 1) I choose the 'Git shell' from the 'Start menu'
>>
>> I execute
>> C:\Documents and Settings\Hannes\My
>> Documents\GitHub\filetree\repository\Baselin
>> eOfFileTree.package>git clone -b squeak4.3
>> https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetr
>> ee.git
>>
>> OK
>>
>> 2) In Squeak I do as FileTree bootstrap
>>
>> Installer ss3
>>        project: 'FileTree';
>>        install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43-dkh.70.mcz'.
>>

>> OK
>>

>> 3) I want to load the FileTree code I got from github
>>
>> Installer monticello
>>        mc: (MCFileTreeRepository directory:
>>                (FileDirectory uri: 'C:\Documents and
>> Settings\Hannes\My Documents\GitHub\filetree\'));
>>        install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core'
>

> Use FileDirectory on: not uri: if you give it a path.
>
> (my original example used a relative path with uri: which to me was more
> convenient than having to specify an absolute path)

As you suggest I now use as point 3

Installer monticello
        mc: (MCFileTreeRepository directory:
                (FileDirectory on: 'C:\Documents and
Settings\Hannes\My Documents\GitHub\filetree\'));
        install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core'

FAILURE
I still get a walkback

(FileDirectory on: 'C:\Documents and Settings\Hannes\My
Documents\GitHub\filetree\') inspect

OK, gives
DosFileDirectory on 'C:\Documents and Settings\Hannes\My
Documents\GitHub\filetree'

(MCFileTreeRepository directory:
                (FileDirectory on: 'C:\Documents and
Settings\Hannes\My Documents\GitHub\filetree\')) inspect

OK, gives

a MCFileTreeRepository(filetree://C:\Documents and Settings\Hannes\My
Documents\GitHub\filetree)

The path actually looks weird.

--Hannes