[squeak-dev] Squeak release process

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 22:00:06 UTC 2012

> ... I had a brief look at the Squeak wiki to see if I could
> find any checklist a release manager could use to orchestrate a new
> Squeak release. (This is fairly timeous, I reckon, given that 4.3's
> already over 6 months old.)
>
> I couldn't find anything. Where would one find such a list? (*) If ...

I made a page when I did the 4.2 release and encouraged everyone to participate.

    http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6160

There is also ReleaseBuilder which *should* provide the exact method
to run against the last alpha which will configure and save it as the
new final release.  That is how I did 4.2.

HTH,
  Chris