methods with (was:Re: [squeak-dev] The Inbox: FFI-Win32-JohnMcKeon.11.mcz)

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Wed Jul 25 17:42:17 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> IIRC, Altitude actually does this in its load script (or something a
> lot like it)... making it even easier to put in the base image.

I just worked around the problem for the Altitude load script, 'cause
I didn't know why #tokenish wasn't respecting the preference.

Is there some reason it's not implemented like this?

    ^ Tokenish includes: self

Changing the preference could just reinitialize the class variable.
Performance is probably important here, since this is the kind of
thing that gets called inside a loop.

Colin