[squeak-dev] The Inbox: 39Deprecated-fbs.20.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Wed Jul 25 22:56:56 UTC 2012

The original idea was that SharedQueue2 will replace SharedQueue. The
problem is that this didn't happen and SharedQueue only understands #flush
and #flushAllSuchThat:, so removing these methods will not enable us to
do the switch. The reason why it didn't happen yet is probably
performance. In the meantime Igor made some other queues which don't use
any synchronization primitives, so they are a lot faster than both
SharedQueue and SharedQueue2 for the basic operations. In theory Pharo
uses one of those queues instead of SharedQueue in EventSensor (or it's
replacement), though I'm not sure, since I didn't check it.
Anyway, SharedQueue is a hack, SharedQueue2 is clean(er), but slow(er).

Levente