[squeak-dev] Trunk test status

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Thu Jul 26 10:59:24 UTC 2012

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012, Frank Shearar wrote:

> In a freshly updated trunk we have 3184 out of 3157 tests passing. We
> have 16 expected failures, and 11 failures, the latter being:
> * BecomeTest>>#testBecomeIdentityHash

This is failing due to a VM bug. There's a fix for it somewhere, but it
seems like it's not integrated into Cog yet. Explore this to see that two
consecutive objects share the same identityHash:

Array new: 10 streamContents: [ :stream |
 	1 to: 10 do: [ :e | stream nextPut: Object new identityHash ] ]

> * ExceptionTests>>#testHandlerFromAction

This is more like a feature request, the current exception handling
mechanism doesn't work like this.

> * LocaleTest>>#testLocaleChanged

A bug introduced during the GetText integration.

> * MCFileInTest>>#testStWriter
> * MCMczInstallerTest>>#testInstallFromFile
> * MCMczInstallerTest>>#testInstallFromStream

Some old and funky MC issues, if you run the tests one or two more times,
they somehow pass.

> * PackageDependencyTest>>#testMultilingual

Looks okay, just update the dependencies.

> * PackageDependencyTest>>#testSystem

This one is a side effect of the GetText integration. Not sure if
NaturalLanguageTranslator should use TextDomainManager or if it should be
part of the System package. Also not sure about other dependencies here
either.

> * RWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testExisiting

Another feature request, which changes the semantics of ReadWriteStream.
Not implemented yet, because it breaks some code, so it requires a larger
rewrite.

> * ReleaseTest>>#testNoObsoleteClasses

As you described, some TestCases hold references to obsolete classes and
the TestRunner holds the reference to the TestCases.

> * SocketTest>>#testSendTimeout

Either a bug or just some network problem, works for me on windows.

Levente