[squeak-dev] First Environment bug report!

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 12:28:47 UTC 2012

Try evaluate "Timestamp now" and you'll see an MNU because Environment
doesNotUnderstand: #keysDo:.

It's not a general problem because "Number readFrom: '1'" works as expected.

Oh, that's because I should evaluate TimeStamp, not Timestamp. So this
is something triggered by an UndeclaredVariable, where the Parser's
trying to correct a misspelling. The process hits Class >>
#possibleVariablesFor:continuedFrom: and borks because "self
environment" is insufficiently Dictionary-like.

The fix is easy enough: add #keysDo: and #associationsDo: to
Environment. I'm just writing a test first demonstrating the fix
before I commit anything.

frank