[squeak-dev] First Environment bug report!

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Fri Jul 27 17:18:38 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
> The fix is easy enough: add #keysDo: and #associationsDo: to
> Environment. I'm just writing a test first demonstrating the fix
> before I commit anything.

Great, thanks. I've moved your fix into the trunk so people don't
stumble over the bug in the meantime.

The general strategy I'll pursue for this sort of thing is to create a
new protocol for dealing with Environments, at a higher level of
abstraction than the Dictionary protocol. Come to think of it, we
should deprecate all the dictionary methods on Environment right off
the bat. That'll provide compatibility while we complete the
transition, but make it clear how Environments should be used.

Colin