[squeak-dev] OSProcess packages

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Thu Jun 7 18:02:51 UTC 2012

In the SqS repository, OSProcess has three different Test "packages":
* OSProcess-Tests included in the OSProcess package
* Tests-OSProcess
* OSProcess-Tests, separately-packaged

Presumably, the last one - and the other packages split out of the OSProcess
package - were created for Metacello.

My questions are:
* what is the relationship between these Test packages? Can we remove any to
make it less confusing?
* Are the OSProcess and OSProcess-* packages in sync i.e. all have the
latest updates?

I want to update the Metacello configuration and don't know how to proceed.
B.t.w. I've been loading OSP by using Gofer to load the big OSP package and
didn't understand the point of a Metacello config for this type of project -
i.e. David has said "just load the latest versions". However, after talking
it over with Dale on the Metacello list, I think for deployment it's better
to reference a specific version so that everything is exactly reproducible.
Metacello also abstracts away the fact that currently the project (may be)
only one package, so everything still works if/when that changes. It'd also
be nice to unload the tests for deployment, but I guess that's not so
urgent.