[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Network-ul.100.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Jun 7 18:32:36 UTC 2012

On 06.06.2012, at 02:41, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 05:11:53PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

>>> D'oh! Yes, asSocketAddress should be a Network package extension. Sorry.
>>>
>>> Dave
>>

>> After loading your tests package I get these failures (again, old SocketPlugin):
>>
>> HttpUrlTest>>#testHttps
>> SocketTest>>#testLocalAddress
>> SocketTest>>#testRemoteAddress
>> SocketTestOldNetwork>>#testLocalAddress
>> SocketTestOldNetwork>>#testRemoteAddress
>>
>> - Bert -
>
> I get different results on Linux, see attached.
>
> I suspect we will need some way to set UseOldNetwork at image startup time
> in order to accomodate VMs that do not have the new network primitives.
>
> I believe that the testSendTimeout and testSocketReuse failures that I
> am seeing are Linux specific, and not related to the new network changes
> we are discussing here.
>
> I don't understand where the testHttps, testLocalAddress, and testRemoteAddress
> failures are coming from. Can you double check and see if these failures
> existed on your platform prior to the updates we are discussing? In other
> words, are they Mac related, or are they caused by the network updates in
> the inbox?
>
> Thanks!
> Dave

The testHttps failure was something local to my image. The other two fail in the same way, wether or not the new code is loaded:

On Mac OS using the current Network code and a Cog VM (not your new package):
137 run, 135 passes, 0 expected failures, 2 failures, 0 errors, 0 unexpected passes
SocketTest>>#testLocalAddress
SocketTest>>#testRemoteAddress

Same VM and the new Network code today:
142 run, 140 passes, 0 expected failures, 2 failures, 0 errors, 0 unexpected passes
SocketTest>>#testLocalAddress
SocketTest>>#testRemoteAddress

testLocalAddress:
	listenerSocket localAddress ==> #[0 0 0 0]
	clientSocket localAddress ==> #[127 0 0 1]
	serverSocket localAddress ==> #[127 0 0 1]
	self listenerAddress ==> #[0 0 0 0]

testRemoteAddress:
	listenerSocket remoteAddress ==> #[0 0 0 0]
	clientSocket remoteAddress ==> #[127 0 0 1]
	serverSocket remoteAddress ==> #[127 0 0 1]
	self listenerAddress ==> #[0 0 0 0]

- Bert -