[squeak-dev] help loading latest Squeak FFI

Douglas McPherson djm1329 at san.rr.com
Fri Jun 8 21:47:14 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to load the latest version of FFI for Squeak. (I'm using a recent Cog VM if it makes a difference)

1. Start with Squeak4.4-11925.image from ftp.squeakfoundation.org.
2. Update the image (latest update 12083).
3. Add a Monticello repository 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'.
4. Select and load latest configuration of FFI (ConfigurationOfFFI-tbn.23).
5. In a workspace, do:
ConfigurationOfFFI load

Results in an MNU:
ExternalFunction class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: callingConventionModifierFor:

I'm sure I've got the process wrong somewhere. Should I be using a different repository? Maybe I'm trying something more appropriate to Pharo? Clearly, I'm confused. Help appreciated :)

Thanks,
Doug