[squeak-dev] Re: Environment(s) serving web pages

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 10:46:18 UTC 2012

I didn't mean to say WebClient was limited. The truth of the situation
is that I built things around the examples you put into WebServer
examples, which depend on #default and #reset. You do say in #default
that it's mainly their to facilitate the examples. But as I haven't
looked at my own code for several months, it was easier to jump to Kom.

"Not sure what you mean. Do you mean you'd like to have one WebServer
instance listening on multiple ports? What would be the use case for this?
This would be simple to add, I just hadn't considered it."

No, I can't think of an situation, where that would be useful. Processes
listening on different ports, as you showed here:

"wc8080 := WebServer new listenOn: 8080.
  wc8888 := WebServer new listenOn: 8888."

is what I meant. And clearly WebClient can do that. I think I've been
using WebClient in a certain way, where all roads lead to the class
variable Default, and could not see it otherwise. Thank you for the
example.

Chris