[squeak-dev] can this be done via modification to the Squeak/Pharo IDE?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 00:26:42 UTC 2012

On 28 February 2012 01:46, Lawson English <lenglish5 at cox.net> wrote:
> http://vimeo.com/36579366
>
> Lawson

now after i found time to watch this video, i can comment on it :)

Strangely enough, but i was driven by the very same idea when i first
found squeak and joined community.
I imagined the scene with animation, like a bullet leaving the gun and
flying towards its victim, and i wanted to give an
artist/designer/engineer to
be able to stop the scene at any moment, interact with objects, like
inspect their properties, allow them to change the code and then
continue again.

What i seen in those days, that smalltalk is much more enabling
environment for doing that, than anything else!
And i still keep that idea in mind, every time i doing something, be
it VM, FFI or Morphic or OpenGL or bug fixes..
every single step gets me a bit closer to this.. even if i won't be
able to work on this thing directly, i trying to push things in
direction which would allow
others to get to that point.

So, i think Lawson, this is my answer to your question.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.