[squeak-dev] How to release OminBrowser? (was OmniBrowser)

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Thu Mar 1 15:15:42 UTC 2012

Am 2012-03-01 um 15:34 schrieb Chris Cunnington:

> "This might be a reason to go for a release 4.4 after that."
> […]
> How do we release OmniBrowser? This is an issue on
> the agenda for the next meeting of the SOB.
>
> One way is an Installer script. Perhaps another is a sar file like the one
> I used yesterday to load OSProcess? How about an image segment?
> If people could generate some ideas, then Tuesday's meeting of the
> SOB will be more productive.

I don't want to say it should be the default Distribution method,
but I think a Metacello-Configuration for OB on Squeak is a must-have.
I know, this might kick of discussions of whether or not to have Metacello
in a base image and the like, but from an Administrators perspective
(or DevOp?) Metacello provides means to “depend on” Smalltalk software
and seems well-suited for software distribution and, even more so, maintenance.

Best
	-Tobias