[squeak-dev] odd bug in Squeak 4.3, also in Pharo 1.3?...

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Fri Mar 2 03:21:02 UTC 2012

I was creating a new video tutorial to show how to find all comments in
all classes but I'm getting errors in both Squeak 4.3 and Pharo 1.3.

In Squeak 4.3, the  error is: Key not found: Comment

In Pharo 1.3, the error is: Improper store into indexable object.

the code is:

myNav := SystemNavigation default.

(myNav allMethodsWithSourceString: '"' matchCase: false) do:
      [:each| Transcript show: each asString, ' => ', ( each
actualClass commentsIn: each sourceString);cr ]

In Pharo, the error shows up after the Transcript output:

UndefinedObject>>DoIt (myNav is Undeclared)

In Squeak the error shows up each time after the Transcript output:

[...]
AbstractSound class updateScorePlayers => an OrderedCollection('Force
all ScorePlayers to update their instrument list from the sound library.
This may done after loading, unloading, or replacing a sound to make all
ScorePlayers feel the change.')

UndefinedObject>>DoIt (myNav is Undeclared)
UndefinedObject>>DoIt (myNav is Undeclared)

Help? Error shows up in Squeak 4.3 image running both in the all-in-one
distribution, and running on Cog VM.

In Pharo 1.3 using Cog VM.

Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Thanks,