[squeak-dev] OCompletion in 4.3?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 02:09:42 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Nicolas Cellier
> Guys, trying to educate the mass is very nice, but couldn't we agree to just
> put the magical incantation in the squeaksource page of each project?
> Personally, I just can't remember it...
> Having to go and look in a book, be it electronic, is rather unfriendly.

Better yet, put the magical incantation as a script on SqueakMap so we
don't even have to go to the web browser.

It is precisely its purpose, but we keep forgetting so these countless
discussions...

> And I hope there is a #stable version too... Because having to browse the

If package maintainers would apply the documented SqueakMap
conventions for publishing,

    http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6182

then there would be a fixed-configuration Release for a particular
version of Squeak plus a 'head' release which is a trunk-like process
for on-going development.

> ConfigurationOf... to guess which version would fit is also boring. It is
> diverting us from our root goal, loading this damned package.
> This is one problem Metacello is supposed to resolve, no?

No, SqueakMap is supposed to be the system that documents how to load
things for Squeak.