[squeak-dev] Using Etoys-To-Go-5.0-Beta-1 Toma 2

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Mar 9 15:09:31 UTC 2012

On 08.03.2012, at 22:16, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> Messing around and guessing, having GetText in Squeak 4.4 without crash
>
> Must create PreLoadofGetText (see attached) and change
> TextDomainManager class>>#initialize to
> initialize
>    "    TextDomainManager initialize    "
>    self defaultDomain: 'Etoys'
>
> I know, it's dirty trick.
>
> How I clean and know all works as in Etoys ?

Not sure why you would need the preload. If you change the #translated call to not actually use GetText, then there should be almost no other dependencies?

As for testing, you would need to make sure the .mo files are found. They contain the compiled translations.

For anyone interested in how GetText works in general, there is a nice manual:

	http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html

However, the Squeak implementation does not use the gettext library, but implements export of .po and import of .mo files itself.

- Bert -