How we deliver (was Re: [squeak-dev] Using Etoys-To-Go-5.0-Beta-1 Toma 2)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 21:28:07 UTC 2012

On 3/13/12 12:50 PM, "Bert Freudenberg" <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> Better put it in the 4.4alpha directory. And the GetText package should go
> into trunk, IMHO.

Yes, I put in mine for testing

> About completing the translations ... not sure it is worth the effort for now.
> When we have merged all of Etoys back into Trunk, and retired the Etoys fork,
> then we can use the OLPC translator community to translate everything. But
> until then it would be a a lot of duplicated work.
>
> OTOH if people want to work on the translations, then why not. We would need a
> repository for PO files. These are just text files, so any versioning system
> would be okay. Ideas?

Some with privileges could create a Multilingual or International folder in
the ftp and copy all relevant from Etoys.

The 4.4 version .image could be able to load from this folder on demand.
Maybe most people was comfortable with English and do not wish have foreign
languages loaded

Cheers

Edgar