Use last image 11925 please (was Re: [squeak-dev] Trunk broken?)

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 22:53:50 UTC 2012

Le 14 mars 2012 22:27, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> On 3/14/12 4:42 PM, "Nicolas Cellier" <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Didn't the missing methods migrate into the GetText package ?
> If it was the case, then we could make the update work with a proper
> MCconfiguration with proper load order...
>
> Using the diffs reported in the mailing list, it's impossible to tell,
> since they are against a version which was not added or not reported...
>
> Let's ask Edgar...
>
> Nicolas
>

> Well I use the Squeak4.4-11920.image and update to 11925 without any
> troubles.
> Delete the 11920 and put this into ftp
>
> Probably you loaded GetText package manually before proceeding with
update, that would explain that it worked for you...
But we should not have to perform manual operations to update, the update
process should do it automagically, see below.

> I copy the ancestors from my repository to trunk for see if this help you.

Anyway as I said , like to start from last 4.3 and do all updates with non
> Cog and have two images clearly labeled.
> One as Cog and one as non Cog
>
> This won't work automagically until you add  GetText package in the update
configuration.
Here is how you should do it (from your latest clean trunk image with
GetText package loaded) :

1) open MC repository browser on http://source.squeak.org/trunk
2) select update then latest update-bf-205.mcm
3) click 'Browse' button
4) in the MCConfigurationBrowser that opens, click Add and select GetText
5) at the bottom of the package list, select GetText and click up until
GetText be placed above System
6) click update (update from image) to update the version number of each
package
7) click store, select a name like update-edc-106, and choose to publish it
in http://source.squeak.org/trunk

That should do the trick.

Nicolas