[squeak-dev] Trunk broken?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Mar 15 03:33:12 UTC 2012

Am 14.03.2012 um 19:42 schrieb Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com>:

> Didn't the missing methods migrate into the GetText package ?
> If it was the case, then we could make the update work with a proper MCconfiguration with proper load order...

But I see no reason to move those methods into the GetText package. That seems to be an artifact from earlier development.

Edgar: we can't just copy the Etoys packages. If it was as simple, we would have done it a long time ago :) You need to use proper judgement what would work best in trunk, not just use what's in Etoys.

E.g., in Etoys we always have the GetText package loaded. But for Squeak, it should be optional, because we have the goal of making the core image smaller. That means, e.g. String>>translated should be in the System package, not in GetText.

> Using the diffs reported in the mailing list, it's impossible to tell, since they are against a version which was not added or not reported...

The diffs are generated by our squeak source server. So they are meaningful, because they are always reported against an ancestor that is in trunk.

- Bert -