[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-cmm.606.mcz

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Sat Mar 31 11:58:54 UTC 2012

> Well, that was the primary _effect_ I want -- not a side-effect.

Sorry but that is not acceptable. For fine-tuning of the morph position,
the halo must be stable: just grabing the handle should not move the morph.

Think of it this way: you grab the morph via the halo handle, then
decide that eventually you do not want to move it: esay, you just
release the handle and that'is it. But if the morph has been moved
immediately, how do you get back to the initial position ?

Also, a morph may have a specific behavior depending on its precise
position, and it is then crucial to be able to change the position
continuously.

As far as I am concerned, this change would completely break my code. I
am strongly opposed to it.

Best,

Stef