[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-cmm.606.mcz

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 16:16:18 UTC 2012

> Sorry but that is not acceptable. For fine-tuning of the morph position, the
> halo must be stable: just grabing the handle should not move the morph.

You are talking about two different things:  Moving the morph vs.
picking up the morph.  If you only want fine tuning of the morph
position it is much better handled by one of:

  1) using the brown handle
  2) invoking the halos and then using the arrow keys to move it
one-pixel at a time.

> Think of it this way: you grab the morph via the halo handle, then decide
> that eventually you do not want to move it: esay, you just release the
> handle and that'is it. But if the morph has been moved immediately, how do
> you get back to the initial position ?

I would never use the black halo to only move a morph.  I use it when
I want to *pick it up*.

> Also, a morph may have a specific behavior depending on its precise
> position, and it is then crucial to be able to change the position
> continuously.
>
> As far as I am concerned, this change would completely break my code. I am
> strongly opposed to it.

Ok that's fine.  The way it is now breaks my code, so perhaps a
preference can resolve our differences.

  - Chris