[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] STON - Smalltalk Object Notation

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Sat May 5 09:53:38 UTC 2012

Thank you Sven for your follow up of the recent JSON/STON/Tirade
discussion by providing an STON implementation for Squeak 4.3 and
working with Dale to get it to other Smalltalks (github). [1]

I think your STON implementation will be very useful for my work. It
works fine in Squeak 4.3 updated to the latest change [2].

There is a class STON used as a singleton. I assume this is the
equivalent of the JSON object in web browsers, right?

--Hannes

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/pharo-project@lists.gforge.inria.fr/msg62706.html

Example object

Dale H. writes

Tue, 24 Apr 2012 10:23:18 -0700

Sven,

I looked at your sample document in the pdf:

TestDomainObject {
 #created : DateAndTime [ '2012-02-14T16:40:15+01:00' ],
 #modified : DateAndTime [ '2012-02-14T16:40:18+01:00' ],
 #integer : 39581,
 #float : 73.84789359463944,
 #description : 'This is a test',
 #color : #green,
 #tags : [
   #two,
   #beta,
   #medium
 ],
 #bytes : ByteArray [ 'afabfdf61d030f43eb67960c0ae9f39f' ],
 #boolean : false
}

[2] Tests in Squeak 4.3

MCHttpRepository
  location: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/STON'
  user: ''
  password: ''

loads fine in a fully updated Squeak-4.3

all 86 tests are green.