[squeak-dev] Re: A comparative article (was STON - Smalltalk Object Notation)

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue May 8 08:05:45 UTC 2012

Hi Göran,

One quick note: STON has more chance to be adopted than Tirade simply
because of the name. STON is closer to JSON in people's mind, while
Tirade, what that means? For me it sounds something tyran-like , pretty
non-attractive therefore. And because most of us don't have time to go
to details, such outside things like name matters. We are also more and
more choosing things based on their perception and not reality.  More on
their outside form than on their real value.

So, to have bigger adoption rate we need to take care about naming
things as well.

Best regards
Janko

--