[squeak-dev] SOB minutes - 5/07/12

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Tue May 8 15:22:52 UTC 2012

Squeak Oversight Board minutes – 5/07/12

Attending: Colin Putney, Chris Cunnington, Bert Freudenberg, Randal Schwartz

- some ideas were explored for a Squeak event concerning kinds of
presentations and intended audience; in addition we discussed who might
be a good keynote speaker

- ideas for where we should get a new server were explored, but we're
waiting back to hear from some people, so nothing definitive was decided
today

- there is a plan (regardless of the readiness of the new server) to
take a week in June and update the squeak.org website to the latest
version of Aida

- instead of waiting until next year, some steps will be taken to update
the voting procedure. The people who voted this year will automatically
be included in a new voting list. The new system will likely be based on
the Sugar Labs model with a public list of voters. [1]

- Chris Muller is the new SFC liaison contact at the SOB

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Members