[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak 4.3 released

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed May 9 15:59:25 UTC 2012

> I successfully loaded OB in 4.3 via:
>
> Installer ss
>    project: 'MetacelloRepository';
>    install: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser.
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project perform:
> #stableVersion) load: #( Dev ).

Just a friendly reminder -- this is already documented in SqueakMap.
Regardless of which underlying VCS is used for any project (Metacello,
GIT, SqueakSource, etc.), the main purpose of SM is to _document_ the
current and proper way to load either:

   - the most-current on-going development packages (a.k.a., "head").
   - a fixed configuration for a specific version of Squeak known to work.

As a community, we continue to keep these things documented in SM so
it provides a one-click accessibility to projects without having to go
ask the list first.