[squeak-dev] Fun with spock (NativeBoost FFI)

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Sun May 13 18:56:52 UTC 2012

I'm interested in NativeBoost, and I read your posts and I don't
understand what you're saying at all. I was wondering if you could help
me out.

NativeBoost lets a person use a different kind of FFI, one which
bypasses C and write Assembly with Smalltalk.
So my first question is how did you load it? And which VM did you use to
ensure it had the plugin?

So you loaded NB and did something with it. Something about a library
called gmp that is a math library?
And then you did something with the something and - ha ha ha - it worked!
Something like that?

I'm interested in your experiment and how it succeeded, but if you could
roll it back  and explain it to me as though I just hit my head, I'd
appreciate it.
Do you have Dropbox or something? Could you zip your image and vm and
post a link?

And who is this Tiberius Kirk you keep talking about?

Chris

*Head DEA Agent <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004886/>*: There's one
thing I don't understand. The thing I don't understand is every