[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Fun with spock (NativeBoost FFI)

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Mon May 14 18:56:48 UTC 2012

On 5/14/12 12:06 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:
> On May 14, 2012, at 12:49 AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>
>> On 14 May 2012 00:03, Lawson English<lenglish5 at cox.net>  wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> What if I wanted to generate a gmplib floating point number (or rational or
>>> large integer) automatically when the gmplib binding is available?
> For Floats, there is a GNU project maintained by some groups at Inria:
>
> 	http://www.mpfr.org/
>
> The main goal of MPFR is to provide a library for multiple-precision floating-point computation which is both
> efficient and has a well-defined semantics. It copies the good ideas from the ANSI/IEEE-754 standard for
> double-precision floating-point arithmetic (53-bit significand).

I saw  that mentioned on the gmp site. The gmp maintainers recommend it
for more robust floating point libraries.

--
Squeak from the very start (introduction to Squeak and Pharo Smalltalk for the (almost) complete and compleate beginner).
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6601A198DF14788D&feature=view_all