[squeak-dev] Re: Trying to build SerialPlugin for IrDA under MPW (MacOS 8.6)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed May 23 12:27:59 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 07:58:07AM +0000, Dan Corneanu wrote:
> Hans-Martin Mosner <hmm <at> heeg.de> writes:
>

> > Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:
> > >
> > > I have appended the plugin and corresponding source files in a ZIP file
> > > (it's not big)  so if you want to try it out you could do it right now
> >
> > Empty promises... I forgot to attach the ZIP. Here it is, now...
> > Attachment (SerialPlugin.zip): application/zip, 9 KiB
>
> Hello,
> is this plugin available for Squeak 4.3 on Linux/Unix?
> Where can I get the binary or the source code from?

SerialPlugin is included as an internal plugin in the standard VM here:
  http://squeakvm.org/unix/index.html

There is a tarball with all source for that exact version of the VM:

  http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-4.4.7.2357-src.tar.gz

The source code for SerialPlugin is in two parts. The Smalltalk source
(aka slang) is class SerialPlugin, which is in the VMMaker package:

  http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker

The C language platform source code is in the Subversion repository:

  http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/
  svn co http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk

How to build:

  http://squeakvm.org/unix/devel.html#html/devel.m4.1.2

The recent versions of SerialPlugin have support for named serial
ports. I'm not sure if this support is present in Cog VMs yet. I
think that it was recently added, so check these links if you are
working with a Cog VM:

Binaries:
  http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM

Source: