[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak CI - squeakci.org now in beta

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Wed May 23 20:06:13 UTC 2012

Chris Cunnington-3 wrote

> You're feedback is invaluable

Absolutely... Here's a few things to get you started...
* "Jenkins: The Definitive Guide" is very thorough, and free
(http://www.wakaleo.com/books/jenkins-the-definitive-guide).
* I've temporarily disabled the coverage reporting, which was causing the
build to fail
* The test report glob is now specific enough not to collide with coverage
(i.e. "**/*-Test.xml")
* In your shell scripts, you have access to Jenkins environment variables
(see the "the list of available environment variables" link under the build
script editor in the web UI), so instead of hardcoding paths in the job, you
can do something like:
    exec "$WORKSPACE"/coglinux/lib/squeak/4.0-2522/squeak -headless
"$WORKSPACE"/Squeak4.4-12053.image "$WORKSPACE"/tests.st &

I don't think I have write access to the script (or I can't figure out how),
but the test/coverage changes have your job building successfully now.

HTH,
Sean